Thursday, January 26, 2012

Anyone have or know anyone with mild pdd-nos.?

my son might have pdd or a very mild autism, he is not diagnosed yet because hes too young but wondering how he will be as he gets older. i feel like if i leave the room he doesnt even know im gone? makes me sad. will he ever know....will it come? thanks in advance.......Anyone have or know anyone with mild pdd-nos.?
My oldest son is turning 10 and has a PDD.NOS dx. He was dx with a generic autistic spectrum disorder at 25 months and PDD.NOS @ 5 yrs old. Yes it will come. I fretted worrying over if he'd ever talk, get pottytrained and now I don't worry so much. He talks constantly, has friends, and was pottytrained @ 3 like the majority of neurotypical boys. I know of another boy who is much like my son, only he is 19. He graduated with a regular h.s. diploma, drives a car, has been able to be left home alone since age 13, has a full time job with benefits @ a grocery store. Knowing that, I don't worry so much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment