Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pdd nos? does anybody know anything about it?

what is it? and where can I learn more about it? does one who is diagnosed with it ever not have it any more? my son got diagnosed with it, and I am very concerned!!Pdd nos? does anybody know anything about it?
My son was diagnosed with PDD-NOS about 1 1/2 years ago when he was 3. It is on the "shallow end" of the autism spectrum, but it still is autism. On the web, go to autsim speaks.org. In bookstores, the Understanding Autism for Dummies is a really good "starter" book into this subject. I wish it was the first book I picked up. Autism is like dyslexia.(This is the example I use for people unfamiliar with autism, it seems to be the only thing that turms on the "A-ha!" in their minds) You will always have it, but with proper therapy and treatment and education, your son's quality of life can be greatly improved. I freaked out when I first got the diagnosis. Then I got really angry, despondent, guilty (Did I do something wrong?) and then I had to make a concious decision to get over myself and focus all of the above energy into helping my boy. Find an local autism support group. You are not alone. God bless you and your family.
My son is 5 and was diagnosed at age 2 with it. It is on the Autism spectrum. He will always have the disorder it doesn't go away. Get him involved in speech therapy, occupational therapy and a program for autistic kids. My son is doing well now. It is very scary when you read about it. I cried for days and lost me job due to absence because of being depressed.Pdd nos? does anybody know anything about it?
Try these links..

http://www.med.yale.edu/chldstdy/autism/鈥?/a>

http://larri.com/autism/

http://www.nichcy.org/resources/pddnos.a鈥?/a>

http://www.nichcy.org/resources/pddnos.a鈥?/a>



where have ya been girl I have been worried about you...
My 28-year old sister was diagnosed with this at a young age. It stands for pervasive developmental disorder- not otherwise specified. There is loads of stuff on this disorder on the internet.

It is on the spectrum of autism.Pdd nos? does anybody know anything about it?
Here's a great website with loads of information, and it even contains a message board that has lots of members with PDD NOS children.

No comments:

Post a Comment