Thursday, January 26, 2012

How come i can feel emotions i was never able to feel due to my PDD-nos?

im 18 years old and since 9 months emotions are starting to pop-up that I was never able to feel before due to my PDD-NOS



the emotions I was never able to feel: jealousy, guilt, love, shame, pride, respect, i am never truly happy (although I can laugh at a joke), my angry always immediately turns into rage, compassion, the need to be around other people.



the emotions that have recently emerged: jealousy, guilt, pride, the need to be around other people





jealousy: I now feel jealous about the slightest things (a friend having a conversation with someone else).



guilt: I feel guilty for things I did in the past (although these are things that one SHOULD be guilty about) :/



pride: I suddenly want people to notice the things i do and complementing me on that while in the past i did things for people and i had no interest in whether they noticed or not.



compassion: even tough i cant feel compassion, I have a strong sense of right and wrong. for example: i am a vegetarian because i believe it is wrong to kill just to get some small enjoyment out of it when you eat them. but I don鈥檛 find it said that they are being killed.



the need to be around other people: i suddenly want/need to be around other people all the time. i no longer can be alone for 5 minutes because then i will feel lonely and have a strong urge to go to someone, to the irritation of other people because i am to much in their face all the time (which i completely understand)





1) how is this possible?



2) how do I dealHow come i can feel emotions i was never able to feel due to my PDD-nos?
Because you just thought you couldn't feel them before and believed this blindly until you convinced yourself that this was trueHow come i can feel emotions i was never able to feel due to my PDD-nos?
I think that you are learning how to cope better with life and your disorder. When you were younger you may have been overwhelmed with your symptoms such as social skills and communication difficulties.As you learned how to deal with these kinds of things, emotions were not a priority for you and you may have developed a habit of suppressing and repressing your feelings. They were buried so deep that you didn't even know they were there.



Now that you have improved in other areas of your life-the emotions are coming up again because you are able to handle them better now. It is understandable that you are confused about these new issues, since you never really learned how to process emotions before. I think that a therapist or counselor would help you understand and accept your emotions so you can feel more comfortable with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment