Thursday, January 26, 2012

I have a 7 yr old son who has PDD-NOS and a NT 3yr old daughter w/my 2nd husband. I'm now pregnant w/third.?

What are my chances of having another child on the spectrum?I have a 7 yr old son who has PDD-NOS and a NT 3yr old daughter w/my 2nd husband. I'm now pregnant w/third.?
I remember reading when I first learned that my oldest had autism that there was a 25% chance of a sibling having it, too. If two had it, then the risk jumped to 50%. That being said, I have 5 children and only my oldest is on the spectrum. Also these numbers are nearly 10 years old, so they may have gotten better over the years with more research. So while you may have an increased risk of your third being on the spectrum, that doesn't mean he/she will be. I can understand your concern, believe me. :-) But hopefully this little one will be just fine and will love his/her older brother and sister with all his/her heart.



Best wishes!!!!I have a 7 yr old son who has PDD-NOS and a NT 3yr old daughter w/my 2nd husband. I'm now pregnant w/third.?
There really isn't a way of calculating a "chance". However, there is some genetic component to it, so if you've already got a child on the spectrum you're more likely to have another.

No comments:

Post a Comment