Monday, January 23, 2012

How can I find out if I got vaccinated, which caused me to have autism PDD or PDD-NOS?

Looking back at my childhood years, I remember getting a lot of shots from a pediatrician. I was told that I got many shots when I was an infant.



My parents said I didn't become very stupid or retarded until I started kindergarten. Now I'm beginning to think my autism PDD or PDD-NOS is linked to the vaccinations I got as a child.



How can I find out for sure? How can I get my hands on my medical records without my parents finding out? I don't even know where my medical records are.



I can't see my family doctor without my parents finding out since I use their insurance. They don't want me to find out because they want me to be normal, so they don't want me to be labeled.



I have severe learning disability, cognitive disability, autism PDD or PDD-NOS, etc. So I've dealt with many struggles in my life.



I really need to find out where my condition comes from.How can I find out if I got vaccinated, which caused me to have autism PDD or PDD-NOS?
Being that you are under 30 you would have received the combined MMR which came out in 1980, I am too old for it and had them separately. You want to look for a regression in your file of your functioning ability.



You should be able to access your medical records, just call your pediatrician.



Try this assessment questionaire, its pretty accurate.



http://www.asplanet.info



go under as/symptoms/test



a score over 32 is what most on the spectrum score, mine is a 42How can I find out if I got vaccinated, which caused me to have autism PDD or PDD-NOS?
Because of your age you probably got lots of vaccinations. The issue is not the vaccination it is the licquid that the vaccination was in which at one time was themerasol (not sure of the spelling) that is no longer used. Numerous studies have not found a link but many parents believe the vaccination to be the cause of their children's problems.



Sorry no one knows yet. The latest research has found autism to be a genetic trait found in very highly intelligent people. Yes there might be social deficits but they are eventually compensated.



You sound like an incredible young person - don't know your age but your writing skills are certainly above average. This "disorder" you have may be a blessing in disguise. It has not harmed your brilliance or humor or intellectual curiousity.



So use it. Turn it around, accept that you might be eligible for accommidations or extra help and graciously accept it. Look for a career in the non profit, nursing, mental health, medical or researh. Read about autism, volunteer in schools and community awareness.



We all have "something" none of us is perfect. The beauty of life is in our imperfections. You are more beautiful because of your struggles.



Finally talk to your parents and they can get your medical records. Might be a small cost involved. But they will respect your request and probably honor it - they probably feel guilty, parents always do. I think you should assume you got the vaccinations but they might not be the cause of your disability - it could be your inate intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment