Monday, January 30, 2012

4 year old with sensory disorder ADHD &PDD-NOS lately he has been refusing todress & undress eat tantrums bad?

HE is a boy that has ha thes types of problems since he was born. His phychiatrist is stumped medicating him so we are waiting for a genetics doctor appt. It seems like he was going forward, but now everyday lately for the last two to three months all he has done is gone back words needing help with everything that he use to be so proud to do him help. He is in my opinion back where we started two and 1/2 yeas ago before all the services started. I don't know why? Does andy one have a idea, please ?!4 year old with sensory disorder ADHD %26amp;PDD-NOS lately he has been refusing todress %26amp; undress eat tantrums bad?
I commend your diligence with your son. I work with students like your son, though they're all teenagers, but it's been my understanding that very young children with these types of disorders often regress like this. Perhaps his behavioral plan needs to be tweaked a bit to re-encourage his positive and self-care behaviors. I'd go back to his psychaitrist and have him/her hammer out a new behavioral plan with you. Or maybe try a new one with experience treating children with PDD. Try, too, going to some sites for parents of kids with PDD for suggestions. I wish you and your son well.

No comments:

Post a Comment