Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Best schools in GA for special needs 8 yr old with IEP?

We are interested in relocating to GA from NY. My son is diagnosed PDD-NOS and has been receiving services since pre-school. We are currently researching Gwinnett and Forsyth counties. I am overwhelmed with the number of schools within the two counties and would like to know if some elementary schools are better then others to best fit his needs. Also if these two counties are not seen as good for special ed, what others might be? I am not too concerned with location since I work from home and do not need to deal with a commute. Thank you!!!!Best schools in GA for special needs 8 yr old with IEP?
I'm by no means any kind of authority, but if you'd consider Cobb County, you might want to check out Garrison Mill Elementary School in Marietta. I periodically sub, and I've worked with special needs professionals there, (as well as in other schools.) I found the Garrison Mill staff to be a notch above the others, and excellent in every way.



If you come down prior to your move, you might want to include this school in the mix of those you're checking out.



Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment