Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Help with an important decision?

I do not like the winter and my children are always sick during the winter months, so I have decided to relocate to either Polk County, Florida or Humacao, Puerto Rico. My problem is that I want the best for my children (ages 7 %26amp; 12 - the 12 y.o. in on the autism spectrum PDD-NOS). I will begin next year to look for a teaching job. Either place, I will work as an English teacher.



I need your input about either place: positive and negative experiences if any that a relative, friend, or yourself may have experienced. For example: neighborhood, schools, avg income, etc.



Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you !Help with an important decision?
You don't say where you live so that we can know what kind of winter you wish to avoid? If you live by water that does not freeze over in winter, then humidity may be as much of a problem as the cold. Have you given consideration to Arizona or New Mexico in order to have both warm and dry? If your son is in a special program, then you want to ensure that the same program or a better one is available where you move? You should also make sure that both your children understand what is happening and why. They have friends and are secure in their present situation. A move may upset them.

No comments:

Post a Comment