Saturday, February 18, 2012

When tea parties cause headaches and you want to run?

Social phobia and PDD-NOS. That's what I officially have. This doesn't make social gatherings the most delightfully experience.

Yesterday I went to a 'tea party' with a friend of mine. She was going to stay over and so I had to leave with her. But I didn't like it at all there. I hated it. I felt stuck. The conversations were just too intellectual/philisopical for me too: How mankind was having a negative influence on the earth -and that less was perhaps beter- and that animals were better because they would never hurt thier own kind. About conspiracy theories and how the 'common people' were kept dumb. And about languagesspoken in some place I had never heard of. During the hours and hours of being there my mouth felt like it was taped closed and I was stuck to my chair.



It was becoming a headache. One girl was such a talker -when I asked something -she would jump from one subject to another and use 'substories' within substories. I was completely lost and couldn't even ask questions because I didn't even know what story she was in.



Basically I hated it. Does this only have to do with me and my mental disorders? Am I just too dumb for this group of friends? The sad thing is -this girl I went there with I'm kinda dating and she seemed to have the time of her life. I think I basically don't know how to 'sway' conversations to topics I also may know something about. Or I don't dare to say things. I do like all the peeople there individually but should I avoid the tea parties in the future?





When tea parties cause headaches and you want to run?
I'm assuming you are a guy? Were you the only guy there (if you are a guy)? If you are a guy and there were other guys there you might have tried to talk to them. I know the kind of person you are talking about - jumping from subject to subject and sub-story to sub-story - *they* are the *most* socially inept. In any case, if this is the sort of activity your gf likes - and it makes you ill - well, you might want to question whether she is the one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment