Saturday, February 18, 2012

I need some help with the child I'm babysitting. More info inside?

I am babysitting my roommate's daughter and he had told me that she has a mental development problem, but didn't specify which.

Her behaviour sometimes worries me.

She only likes to draw (No problem with that), or watch movies. I try to get her to add, subtract, write and spell words, which she does but she sometimes doesn't handle the concept.

One day I gave her some cereal, she tasted it, and almost cried because she didn't like it.

And most of the times, she goes to the couch , leans over the armrest and stands on her head.

She also needs a long time to think about what she says.



would this be pdd-nos?

(pervasive developmental disorder - not otherwise specified)



Again, I have no problems with her and i realize that children like this need special attention and all of that. I am just really puzzled.I need some help with the child I'm babysitting. More info inside?
I'm a nanny ....that's normal things that kids do but she might just have add.... you know she is special so just take things slower. As far as school work maybe you find out the method her school teacher takes so she would be less confused.I need some help with the child I'm babysitting. More info inside?
why don't you just ask your roomate? :s

i wouldn't worry too much about it, i mean if they don't know what she has..then the parents should be going to the doctor..

make sure you give her lots of attention and fun..she is a kid remember :)

No comments:

Post a Comment