Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ex has demanded a visit with my son..please read?

Yesterday Child SUpport Enforcement caught up with my ex and demanded that he make a 500 dollar payment by 4pm, or get arrested. This strong action was required as he has never madwe a single payment since my son was born (we were divorced 4mos before he was born) and his balance had gotten "disgusting" in the eyes of the states support commisioner.

Wel my ex proved that he could make payments because in order to avoid jail, he rushed right over the the office with cash. No, he is pissed. He called last night at 11pm demanding a visit with my son for this weekend. He has not seen my son is months. We had repeatedly contacted him for months inquiring upon his intentions. No response. Back in January he cancelled a visit because I wold not give him money or buy groceries for the weekend. In January he also on 2 occasions set a visit time and place for pick up, then did not show. My husband had driven my son to the location, waited 45 minutes for him to show, only to get a call from this man saying "ha ha how do you like to be ****** with". He stated that he did this to prove that he was in "control" of my son, not us. My son is diagnosed with having an Autistic disorder (PDD-NOS) and needs structure. Every one of his stunts has hurt my son. My ex refuses to appropriately educate himself on my son's diagnosis. He took 4 visits in the last 18mos, the last one being months ago. When my son returned he was filthy, and he screamed for 3 hours non stop. He was physically fine, but very very upset. It took me 3 hours of rocking him to get him to calm down. It was the most heartwrenching thing I have ever witnessed.

My son is also on a GFCF diet, and my ex refuses to adhere to it, citing the foods are too expensive. He has over the last year on three occasions offered to sign over his rights if we pay him money.

Bottom line, he is still not prepared to care for this child. His behavior has been childish, and I am terrified at the prospect of him being alone with him. On the short term, what can I do? He is only demanding this as retaliation for the child support he was literally forced to pay yesterday. Because of his anger I fear for my son's safety. Let me add that while I was pregnant with my son my ex fractured my jaw because I told him I did not want to eat dinner. He then forced me to eat dinner anyhow. I had his crazy *** arrested, and he was convicted of 4 counts of DV Assault, all felonies. So, given his propensity to violent outbursts when angered, and the fact that he is clearly enraged, I do not want my baby alone with him.

On short notice, what can I legally do? I have an appointment with a lawyer for Monday, but my ex wants to pick up on Friday. What steps can I legally take to prevent this?Ex has demanded a visit with my son..please read?
Tell him that you have plans already, and that he did not give you enough notice.



Call your divorce attorney, and take it in-front of a judge. What ever you do, do not tell your ex he will not be able to see your son, make excuses until you go to court.



I am not sure what the court will rule, but better to be civil and take it to court.



Good luck
does it state in your divorce paper that he is allowed visitation? if it does then for now you need to let him visit and go back to court and try to get it modified based on the past physical violence. If he does not have court ordered visitation then tell him to shove it. Paying support does not mean you automatically get visitation.Ex has demanded a visit with my son..please read?
Common sense answer



1. Don't let him see the kid



2. go to court with all the statements of experts and block his visitation and then have his parental rights removed for cause.
he has to give you notice ahead of time if wants to visit.. also he needs to abide by his diet..

you should take all this proof of what he has done and talk to your lawyer and have certain things added to visitation like specified times and instructions for his dietEx has demanded a visit with my son..please read?
There is no general right to visitation. The right to visitation is specific to each family and is spelled out in the divorce decree. It is quite separate from child support payments. If there is no order allowing visitation, then it is up to him to petition the court to allow it. If there is an order and you don't like it, it is up to you to petition the court to change it.
  • english to arabic translation
  • new cd releases
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment