Saturday, February 18, 2012

What's wrong with my ears? Why are they becoming more & more sensitive?

I can't handle the sound of people chewing loudly %26amp; popping, clicking, %26amp; smacking their gum. Now, I can no longer handle hearing other people, as well as myself, type on the keyboard.



I know I have hyperacusis, %26amp; I'm easily prone to ear infection, but why is it getting worse? %26amp; this is with certain sounds. Music played in my ears from my mp3 player don't bother me at all. I was told that people with Asperger's have this problem, but I'm not sure if I'm an Aspie. When I was younger, I was suspected to have PDD-NOS, but some of these traits stuck with me. I come close to an anxiety breakdown when I hear painful noises.



33-dB earplugs aren't even effective. Sometimes I wish for COMPLETE silence %26amp; wish I can be deaf when I want to %26amp; hearing when I want to. Music is always pleasant to hear. But I need my silence in order to concentrate.What's wrong with my ears? Why are they becoming more %26amp; more sensitive?
Your best bet is to see a doctor as soon as possible. It might be a serious condition, especially if it's getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment