Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is it time to give up on my PhD?

Almost 6 months now into my PhD. no results. feeling lost. tired. strained. I put almost my whole life in my work. I'm exhausted. Sure it is an interesting subject but I'm struggling to survive. ie just tot keep alive. It's not only the PhD, it's my PDD-NOS (autism) and debilitating social phobia which makes work even harder. Not to mention my neglected personal life. I moved to another city for the PhD. feeling lonely. From a doomed and life-squashing PhD to a personal life that gives nothing.



Tired. I'm so tired. The other side would be to stop work and clean toilets. This is the reality I face. I'm not employable for anything else and would have to start way down the ladder. I'm not sure if the grass is greener on the other side of the hill. Will I also be as miserable as today doing even more demotivating jobs? Will I be in too much financial pressure? Or will I have more relief then my PhD now and feel happier. I don't no. I'm tired.Is it time to give up on my PhD?
Have you talked to a doctor about your feelings? they would be able to give you a better more in depth course of understanding/treatment for things. It sounds like your depressed, Not helped by social anxieties. It would be my opinion for you to see a doctor and tell them about it. Getting help sooner rather then later is a lifesaver!



I hope everything turns out well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment