Saturday, February 18, 2012

Have you tried a gluten and casein free child with a child with an autism spectrum disorder?

I have a six year old boy who was diagnosed with PDD-NOS. He is the sweetest little guy and I'd do anything to help him. Yesterday, I started him on a gluten/casein free diet. Has anybody here personally done this or is close with anyone who has? I see so many people say that they noticed "significant improvements" but they're so vague about it. What improvements are seen, and to what extent? I'm not very wealthy, and I realize that this diet won't be easy, so I want to know if it has any chance of helping. (However, he's always been so skinny, has constant tummy upsets and often has diarrhea, so maybe the diet will at least take care of that.)Have you tried a gluten and casein free child with a child with an autism spectrum disorder?
I watched an episode of Oprah that dealt with Autism and the woman on their was saying she took her son of wheat and noticed a huge difference. Check out oprah's site.





Had some time so found it for youHave you tried a gluten and casein free child with a child with an autism spectrum disorder?
my bro has an autism spectrum.....but i dont think we ever tried that type of diet....i have heard it works and cuts down on hyper active..and some steming...but we just worked with my bro...(he was also partially deaf)....he is 13 now and everyone thinks he is a normal kid if he doesnt stem or have an ear infection.........i wish you the best of luck and i hope the diet thing works...(we couldnt do the diet thing becuase im on a strict regiminted diet)

No comments:

Post a Comment