Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm very different from people?

My doctors diagnosed me with pdd nos because they thought I had asperger a form of autism see I'm 20 now the doctors won't do anymore testing because my insurance won't cover it.I believe I showed signs of aspergers when I was younger like I would read medical books at age 5 and 6 I have a photographic memory I've always was shy and stared at people and rubbed my hands together really fast.I always knew there was something special about me.Why did my parents miss these signs.My gut feeling say's I have mild autism.|||hi there iceman


i understand what you mean. sometimes it's all about self realisation, exploring yourself. your parents, friends would do so little help in that.


since entering high school, my friends have been telling me i'm "different" and "special". i never really took it seriously until almost everybody admits to me that at their first sight of me they all took me as something different.





i never knew what the problem is, until now it's already my third year in high school i still don't. it could be because i'm a daydreamer, i think a lot, i'm smart (well that's good), i take things seriously, i'm very personal with people, i always try to keep a low profile but am always famous, and blah blah blah. i'm sorry i'm not trying to brag over here, i'm just telling you what i think is the problem. plus, i'm very quiet and i don't talk much. if somebody, say a teacher, asks me to do something i'll just walk away and she'd think i'm just not happy and won't help but in short time she'll see the product of my work on her desk. and it's always something excellent. but if i'm unhappy about something, like if somebody accuses me of something i hadn't done i'd go and debate until they understand what my meaning. however it's not something i can do so much nowadays since people are forever misunderstanding me and i can't afford to explain everytime. but if it is something i have to be punished for, i'll do it and explain, but if someone simply thinks i have a problem when i don't i let them think i do. i still keep my principles though, i have my character.





for your case, it may be a clinical problem, something psychological. as you've stated yourself, it may be autism, asperger's or anything similar. or it may be just because you're smarter than other people and more shy/introverted, it may be just your personality and character. why don't you ask someone else, like someone you just recently met about their opinions? see, from what i've noticed, people who knew you from the past have got used to yourself, and they notice nothing. but people who know you for the first time they see more clearly. ask maybe a new friend or someone who's very close to you.





well, for me, i can never ask my parents these. because i always ACT like i don't have anything in me, like i don't hide anything. i'm forever this carefree, happy little teen who doesn't have much worry and whenever there's touchy moments i run away. i feel less uncomfortable being emotional in front of my friends than my parents. and whenever i tell them this someone or that somebody from school said i was very emo they'd go "pooh they're talking nonsense". truth is? i'm yes, emo in school but at home i just act like everyone else.


i act so well that sometimes my parents forget i used to be quiet too and can't understand me when i don't talk. if i don't talk, if i keep quiet they'd think i'm having a problem, think i'm tired... and my mother studies psychology, she tries to apply what she studies, her observation skills on me. and i goddamn HATE that. because i believe i'm not like any other 15 year olds who can be help in what theories or what counselling. i believe that with my own thinking and thoughts i can overcome whatever problem i have.





so i'd say ask someone, someone else who just got to know you, and ask them. make them promise to tell you the truth first and ask. swear that no matter what they say you'll no be mad. never ask anyody whom you've already got to know for some time, the result will never be the same.





you know what, iceman? think. i trust you do that a lot --- think.|||If your doctor told you what you have, then stick with it or get a second opinion. People are often misdiagnosed, either by a doctor or by themselves, so your 'gut feeling' might be wrong also.





Special and different are two seperate things. No one is 'special', people need to get that through their head, in the end everyone is essentially the same.|||have you tested yourself on the meyers-briggs temperament indicator?......if not google it and i think it may address some of your concerns..it sure did help me and i wish i had known about this sooner...good luck!|||Darling we are all different in one way or another

No comments:

Post a Comment